Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome to my Blog

My name is George Vastianos, I am Greek and I live in Greece. I grown up in Chios Island but the last thirteen years I work and live in Athens. I am electronics engineer with postgraduate studies on data communication systems. I work as associate researcher in the Institute of Informatics & Telecommunications of the National Center of Scientific Research "Demokritos".

My main hobby is ham radio and my callsign SV8GXC. My main interests within ham radio include DXing… home brewing my own antennas and transceivers, software defined radio technology (SDR), low power experimentation (QRP) and digital modes operation (PSK, RTTY etc).


From this blog you will be informed about my ham radio experiments on QRP, SDR and digital modes. This blog is oriented ONLY on the technological manner of ham radio. No "political" discussions about ham radio belong here... there are other blogs for that.

73

George SV8GXC